Sunday, February 08, 2009

Day-of Schedule and Other Day-of Info

I'm not sure how many of these we brought with us, but I know it was a lot. Most of the wedding party had copies, the photographer, the day-of coordinator, we definitely had a copy for the DJ (though he didn't arrive until most of the way through cocktail hour, so I'm not sure whether he received one), and of course many spares.

The Alex and Karen optionally called at 5pm were our fabulous first song musicians, and the Damon and Maggi called at 6:05 are my dad and our reader. We did skip the Party Announcements (which I didn't realize until just now) and I'm sure the music cues were not followed precisely, but the timetable was otherwise adhered to.

I also printed out a couple of cards with contact numbers for key personnel. They included the names and cell numbers of:
Officiant
Maid of Honor
Co Best Ladies
Photographer
Decorator/Stepmom
Ceremony cellist
Cocktail hour music
Guest Vocalist
DJ
Civilian Shuttle Captain
Shuttle Company
Hotel

I think one of these cards stayed in the possession of Team Groom and the other with Team Bride, though really I'm not sure. As far as I know, only the aforementioned delinquent DJ was phoned, but that alone made these cards worth the slight effort it took to make them.

For anyone curious, our civilian shuttle captain was a guest who would be taking the shuttle over to the venue from the hotel who we empowered to make executive decisions in case of any complications. Since Teams Bride and Groom (as well as the actual bride and groom) would be at the venue early for photos, this was a guest that would be traveling at the same time as the other guests. She and the Maid of Honor's boyfriend were also tasked with bringing over anything that we had forgotten at the hotel (like the marriage license, which is at least a less conspicuous item to forget than my bouquet and the boutonnières which I'd left at home before going to the hotel the previous night).

Up next: more of that stuff I said I'd tell you about. Stay tuned! For real.

No comments: