Monday, September 15, 2008

Inspiration

I don't think that I'd ever been familiar with the concept of an "inspiration board" before I started wedding-planning. I'm familiar with the concept of collage, and I've seen what we call "mood boards" in the design industry which are similar, but usually a little bit more literally related to the final product, since the result of that is a design, rather than an event. Anyway, here are my two attempts at inspiration boards in my chosen color palette. I've starred items that are really being used for our wedding or from vendors that we are using.

Bridesmaid dress*: Bari Jay, New York Public Library: FĂȘte, Wire and crystal branches*: White Aisle, Cake: Rebecca Thuss
Purse: via Style Me Pretty, Non-floral bouquet*: me, Gown: via Style Me Pretty, Aisle decor: FĂȘte
Sweets: via Style Me Pretty, Invitations*: me, Engagement ring*: Fiance, Cathedral and lighting: via Brides Cafe, Eco-friendly wedding band*: Brilliant Earth, Necklace: Museum of Modern Art via Brooklyn Bride
Candles: via Brides Cafe, Glassware: Pottery Barn, Winter scene: Three Winks Studio, Dresses: via Brides Cafe

The first one is more silver-focused, while the second one allows for much more brown.

Glen Foerd Mansion*: Conroy Catering via me, Cotton puffs: via Style Me Pretty, Gown: Maggie Sottero, Fiddlehead fern bouquet: via Brides Cafe
Bridesmaid dress: via Rebecca Thuss, Photo: via Brides Cafe, Blue Satin Chanel nail polish: via Nitrolicious, Men's wedding band: Etsy seller ShadeJewelery
Comb tiara: White Aisle, Jacket: Wilsons Leather, Engagement ring*: Fiance, Blue Mica Prius: Toyota
Shoes: Kenneth Cole via Zappos, Photography*: Tiffany Atlas, Sapphire earrings: Unknown, but similar to these.

How'd I do?

No comments: