Sunday, September 07, 2008

The joys of delegation

It's been an insane week, around here. Insane. My sister sure picked a great week to stay with us, as I have practiced probably the worst hostessing of my entire life. At least I hope it doesn't get any worse.

In any event, she helped me get started on the mass-production of our invitations (which I will get into in another post, soon!), and shouldered the responsibility for MoB-wrangling, which includes helping my mother find a dress (and possibly other accessories) and keeping my stepmother as calm as possible. She can get a bit rabbity.

So, without further ado, the dress my mom will wear for the wedding:

c/o Jasmine Bridal. I recently used my internet juju to identify the Jade collection by Jasmine Bridal as a tasteful but not frumpy line of dresses that my mom would probably look good in. She's about 5'1" and works at Home Depot, so this was a bit more challenging than it would be for my stepmother, who, I hate to say, is a bit of a social x-ray, for such an awesome lady.

So, they put in their order for the dress, on sale, and my sister and I will be subsidizing it to keep it within a reasonable budget for mom. However, they didn't choose a color yet, and swatches of their top two choices (some kind of teal and "cranberry") will be sent to me for the final decision.

Moral of the story: Little Sister = Secret Weapon.

Who's yours?

No comments: