Friday, January 02, 2009

Pseudo Florals

Oh-kay. I still, sadly, am not finished with the boutonnieres, but here are the latest in the series:

I'm hoping I take to compulsively making boutonnieres as a form of stress therapy, over the next two weeks.

I did finish up the bouquet. I mention in my original post about the bouquet that I was having trouble bundling it without it getting sort of crushed-together and indistinguishable. I was finally able to resolve this by adding filler to just the "stem" area. So, I took some of the spare pieces of curly willow, cut them to the length of stem that would be wrapped up, and distributed them amongst the stems of the actual elements. So the handle is tightly wrapped, but the bouquet remains un-crunched.


I did decide to get fancy when wrapping the handle.

Yes, that's my very chipped but very color-coordinated nail-polish. I think it's what I'll be wearing for the wedding.

As mentioned in my original cake post, I wanted to go with some wiry branches. My cake will be four layers of vanilla pound cake with raspberry preserve filling. The bottom layer will be 14", the second 11", then 8" and 5". I've asked the caterers not to add any detailing to the cake, but the following will go on the 11" tier, hugging the base of the 8" tier:

...and this little fella atop the top 5" tier:

That one still needs to have the extra wire trimmed, and all pieces are going to need to be wrapped up to be made food-safe. I have some white ribbon, but I think I might like the way the black looks. Any suggestions?

No comments: