Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Where to even begin


Obviously, we're married. And aside from the wicked double-boob I've got going on in this photo (which appears to be absent from the other photos we've seen, but this one is otherwise the cutest) this photo gives a pretty good idea of what the day was like, for us.

The venue and staff were fantastic, my minimal decor and gung-ho helper team worked beautifully in the space, the cake looked just as I imagined, everyone loved their food, and the ceremony had our guests (and us!) laughing and crying. Everyone was fascinated by my non-floral bouquet and boutonnieres. Plus, did I mention that we're married!! I even put our filled-out marriage license in the mailbox at the airport Monday night.

I cannot say enough about how wonderful our first dance was. Local singer-songwriter Alexandra Day arranged the song of our choice (Open Window by Sarah Harmer) and learned the harmony to accompany our very good friend Karen who sang the lead. We were just wowed.

And everyone at the reception danced their asses off...even my mom, who looked beautiful.

We *LOVED* our photographer, Tiffany Atlas, and we're very very excited to see what she comes back to us with. We've actually let her know that if there are more good images than our package permits, we'll be happy to pay a bit extra to get some more.

Today is our first day in Paris, and we're a bit jet lagged, but we're off to get some groceries and explore!

No comments: