Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Surreal Life

There are, unbelievably, just over two weeks to go. There's a great lot going on, but let's take a deep breath and catch up on a few things I've been sitting on.

Final seating chart:

Also, first program prototype. Two pieces of vellum printed on one side each:

Then die-cut and nested like so:


Resulting in this two-sided wonder of translucency:

I thought it would be amusing to provide our guests with a family tree to help them navigate the many "steps" of my and fiance's families. However, I think the die-cut programs might be a little more effort than the result is worth, though I'd probably only make about 75 total. A big part of why I'm using the vellum (which can't be properly printed two-sided) is that it's what I have extra of, and I don't want to buy/waste more paper. Any thoughts?


Next up: pseudo-florals. The continuation of the cake ornaments and boutonnières and the completion of the bouquet.

No comments: